"Therefore, get rid of all ill will and all deceit, pretense, envy, and slander. Instead, like a newborn baby, desire the pure milk of the word. Nourished by it, you will grow into salvation, since you have tasted that the Lord is good. Now you are coming to him as to a living stone. Even though this stone was rejected by humans, from God’s perspective it is chosen, valuable. You yourselves are being built like living stones into a spiritual temple. You are being made into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Thus it is written in scripture, Look! I am laying a cornerstone in Zion, chosen, valuable. The person who believes in him will never be shamed.[ So God honors you who believe. For those who refuse to believe, though, the stone the builders tossed aside has become the capstone. This is a stone that makes people stumble and a rock that makes them fall. Because they refuse to believe in the word, they stumble. Indeed, this is the end to which they were appointed. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people who are God’s own possession. You have become this people so that you may speak of the wonderful acts of the one who called you out of darkness into his amazing light. Once you weren’t a people, but now you are God’s people. Once you hadn’t received mercy, but now you have received mercy." 1 Peter 2:1-10 (CEB)
Greetings in the name of the One in whom we are formed and nurtured, Jesus the Christ. I am excited once again as we offer online registration to all of the participants in CYYAC16. Additionally, I am excited because what began as a National Youth Conference in 1936 and grew to a National Youth and Young Adult Conferences in 1980, that became a Connectional Youth and Young Adult Conference in 1988; continues to provide excitement for the entire CME Church, and has grown to be the largest gathering of CME’s from all over the Connectional Church. We often express it in this way: This is the twenty-first (21st) gathering of youth from all across the Connectional Church, and the tenth (10th) gathering of young adults from across the Connectional Church. Please register early and spread the excitement as we prepare to Light Up The World of Memphis, Tennessee July 11-15, 2016.
Our Theme Chosen: Light up The World will unpack many opportunities for all participants to grow in knowledge and to be stronger witnesses for God across the nation and the world.
Looking forward to seeing you in Memphis at CYYAC16!
Chosen: Light Up The World
1 Peter 2:1-10
* The current registration price of $150.00 has been extended through May 31, 2016: June 1-24, 2016 online registration increases to $200.00
* Any name changes after June 1, 2016 will be subject to a $20.00 fee
* Online registration will close on June 24, 2016; After June 24, 2016 Registration will be onsite at $200.00
* Attached is The Tentative Schedule For CYYAC16
* Concert and Graduate Luncheon Tickets will be available for sale online until online registration closing on June 24, 2016. Tickets will be sold onsite, if available
* Souvenir Book ads and Graduate pictures will be available for purchase through contacting Reba Poe at through May 20, 2016
* Attached is a Transportation Form that requires Group Leaders to fill out and return to
* Bus Parking at the Convention is provided at no charge
* Children Ministry will take place at the Sheraton under the direction of Rev. Lisa Butler, Director of Children Ministry
* Classes will be provided for registered Christian Educators and Clergy
* Attached are CYYAC16 Super Bowl Guidelines and Submission Forms
* Financial Sponsorships are being sought to help support CYYAC16
* Each Episcopal District is asked to prepare a Banner that will be part of the Holy Communion Worship Service Processional (Details will be sent to Episcopal District Directors of Christian Education)
* Individual Church and Regional Banners will not be part of the processional and do not need to be brought to CYYAC16. There will not be a Banner Parade as it has been in the past.
* There will be late night Episcopal District Showcases that will give each Episcopal District time to showcase talent. People will be encouraged to go room to room experiencing the variety of talent of the CYYAC16.
* Each Episcopal District Choir will sing (2) selections during Ecumenical Night, Wednesday, July 13, 2016. There will not be an orchestra.
* Wednesday, July 13, 2016 there will be a Memphis City Excursion. Options are:
Option #1: Civil Rights Museum/Stax Museum/College Tours
Option #2 Onsite Mission Project for St. Jude Children’s Hospital (2 or 3 different concepts)
Option #3 @ St. Jude Children’s Hospital (if possible)
Option #4 Youth Intercessory Prayer Training
Option #5 Conference Bowls
Option #6 Free Time in Memphis with Chaperone
$150.00 (March 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016)
$200.00 (On-Site Registration subject to availability)